Dear Fairbrae Membership,
We hope that you are all staying healthy during this holiday season! This message will serve as a brief update on the new Santa Clara County orders that came into effect Sunday, December 6th at at 10:00PM.
So all members are given a safe place to exercise outdoors, we must temporarily implement the following rules to keep all members and staff healthy and the club open.
Please remember these are temporary measures that Fairbrae is taking to do our part during this surge. With the help of all, we can lift restrictions as the health of our region and county strengthens. Effective immediately:
- No guests on property. If any past guests want to join, they are welcome to become a member. https://www.fairbrae.com/membership/
- All tennis playing members must follow recent travel advisory as well as Fairbrae Tennis Safety Rules.
- Tennis play is available with up to 2 Fairbrae member households (no guests). This means singles only or doubles with your partner being someone in your household. The same household must be on the same side of the court.
- Youth tennis lessons – no change (4 kids max-cohort, social distancing, mask is optional but encouraged, no touching of shared equipment, sanitize hands often, no guests). Instructor to ensure safety rules are followed. https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-youth-sports–en.pdf
- Adult tennis lessons – OK if taking lessons with the same cohort/group as in the past few weeks. Otherwise, take private lessons only. Mask strongly encouraged during play. Instructor to ensure safety rules are followed.
- Men’s Wednesday and Ladies Sunday tennis are cancelled until further notice.
- Ball machine is not available.
- Rules subject to change as the county/region permits.
There are no changes on outdoor recreation specific to swimming. As a result, there are no changes necessary for reservations for the pool at Fairbrae under the new order. Please continue practicing physical distancing while using the athletics facilities.
As a final friendly reminder, all members are required to wear facial coverings when present at the club. These coverings are required in transit both to and from the pool or tennis courts and the front entrance. Please do your part to make everyone feel comfortable at the club.
Thank you and wishing you all the best!
The Fairbrae Team