- New Member SpotlightMark and Casilda have been residents of Sunnyvale since 2012. Mark works in a local tech company and studies military history as a hobby. Casilda does community volunteering. Members since August, they now regard Fairbrae as an extension of their home. You’ll find them playing on the tennis courts and … Continued
- Next Board Meeting is February 8th, 6:30pmThe February 2021 board meeting is on Thursday, February 8th. All members are welcome to attend Fairbrae’s board meetings. Usually, the meeting is on the second Monday of each month at 7:30pm. Due to schedule conflicts, it has been moved to Thursday the 8th at 6:30pm for … Continued
- New Tennis Updates – DecemberHi members, Rules have changed yet again for recreational activities and they are now revised to allow for tennis doubles play. Please remember these allowable activities are subject to change per State, Regional, County, City orders. Starting Dec. 14th: More than 2 households is allowable, no more than 4 players … Continued
- Happy Holidays From Fairbrae
- Fairbrae Holiday Hours…Wishing you and your family a very Happy & Healthy Holiday! Holiday Hours: Thursday: December 24th- normal business hours (6am- 10pm) Friday: December 25th- 8am to 1pm ( last reservation at 12pm) Thursday: December 31st- normal business hours (6am- 10pm) Friday: January 1st- normal business hours (6am- 10pm)
- Consolidating Swim Reservation Systems
- New Member Spotlight- Meet Marvin, Irina & Family!Irina and Marvin recently moved to the Sunnyvale area and love to be included in the Fairbrae family! Marvin works in IT security when he’s not building out their RV sprinter van, and Irina is part of the Uber Executive team and is loving getting back into tennis (she was … Continued
- Additional COVID-19 & Tennis UpdatesDear Fairbrae Membership, We hope that you are all staying healthy during this holiday season! This message will serve as a brief update on the new Santa Clara County orders that came into effect Sunday, December 6th at at 10:00PM. So all members are given a safe place to exercise outdoors, we … Continued
- COVID-19 Guidelines & Swim Policy UpdateThank you and wishing you all the best!The Fairbrae Team
- SwingVision for TennisFacility Update 11/24/20 | New Video Analysis Technology Partner! Hello Fairbrae Tennis Players! We are excited to announce a new partnership with SwingVision, a cutting edge mobile app, that will enhance the tennis experience at Fairbrae Swim & Racquet Club. SwingVision uses artificial intelligence to analyze your video in real-time … Continued
- Holiday White Elephant Cocktail Hour (or Two)- Fri. Dec 18thAdults of Fairbrae, there is still time to join us for a Holiday White Elephant Gift Exchange via Zoom on Friday: December 18th at 6:30pm. Don your favorite ugly sweaters and bring you beverage(s) to the gathering for an evening of: joy, fun, and funky gifts (and swaps). We ask … Continued
- Children’s Holiday Crafting Hour & More- Wed. Dec 9th at 6:30pmCalling All Fairbrae Children! It’s Holiday Party time! Come to our “Fairbrae Holiday Crafting Hour” event on December 9th. Each participant will be given all the supplies to make a snowman decoration (like the one in the picture) for the holidays. Anne will host the event over Zoom and walk … Continued
- The 1st Annual Fairbrae Holiday Family Tree Decoration ProjectHappy Holidays Everyone! Fairbrae is starting a new tradition! Starting this year, Fairbrae will decorate their holiday tree with ornaments created by our children and families of Fairbrae. Typically you would see the tree in the clubhouse or outside in the interior of the club during the month of December, … Continued
- Share Your Family Holiday Cards With Your Fairbrae FamilyMembers…Come share your “family” holiday cards with your “family” at Fairbrae. Just drop a copy off in the mail slot on the office door and we will post them on the exterior bulletin board outside the front entrance. You may also add your card/holiday family picture to “Fairbrae Holiday Cards … Continued
- Fairbrae Holiday Fundraiser with Sunnyvale Community ServicesFairbrae Swim & Racquet Club & Sunnyvale Community Services are holding a Target Gift Card Drive. The campaign runs from Nov. 19th – Dec 21st. With Covid still upon us, we thought this would be a simple way to give back. Those of you who usually attend the Holiday Party, … Continued
- What to Expect: Lap Swimming in the RainWhile we are all hoping for a wet winter to help alleviate California’s wildfire threat, rainy weather also means a little bit more of a challenging environment for lap swimming. Be assured that the pool does remain open in rainy conditions. Only thunderstorms threaten to close the pool down for … Continued
- Pool Temperature Update – Member FeedbackAs we continue forward through these unprecedented times, Fairbrae is seeing a continued high rate of membership utilization. The Fairbrae team is thrilled to see our reservation system showing busy days all week long! We have also received feedback that some would like the pool temperature set a little warmer … Continued
- New Member Spotlight…Meet the Pack Family!Re-introducing a new feature in our Fairbrae News & Events, the New Member Spotlight! Please help us in welcoming new members to the club, and if you see these new faces around, please say “Hi!” We’re Jeremy and Julianne Pack, and we have five wonderful children: Thomas, George, Theo, Henry and … Continued
- What Are You Thankful For?Members- Because we have not been able to come together and enjoy each others company, we want to start a “THANKFUL” campaign for the month of November. November is known for Thanksgiving, but how often do you express your gratitude? Studies have shown that expressing gratitude has many emotional & … Continued
- Racquet News – November (updated!!)Ladies Tennis Sunday Afternoon We are starting back up Ladies Tennis afternoon for members only! Please join us on Sundays, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Hope you can make it, please sign up via Tennis Events. If the event appears full, please press the “Add to Waiting List” link so you can be … Continued
- Beautification UpdateHi Members We hope you continuing to see the updates we are making to the club and it is improving your experience with us. Completed: Bathroom update We have painted our women and mens bathroom in 1 white shade. Thank you to everyone for your time and involvement We have … Continued
- Fairbrae “Ghostly Halloween Walk” MapIs Halloween your favorite holiday of the year and are you sad that Covid-19 has put a damper on the holiday this year? Don’t be sad! We can have an alternative Halloween “Fairbrae style”. What are your plans? We are hoping to organize a small Fairbrae neighborhood walking tour map … Continued
- Ladies Tennis Sunday Afternoon!!This is event is now rescheduled for Sundays from 3pm tp 5pm. We are starting back up Ladies Tennis afternoon for members only! Please join us this Sunday at 3pm, November 8th. Hope you can make it, please sign up via Tennis Events.
- Grand Opening! Playground and Ping Pong – October 17, 2020Ping Pong and our new playground is ready for playtime! Grand Opening is this Saturday, October 17, 2020. Reservations must be made for both activities. Please read the following 2 guidelines before making your reservation:
- Tennis Rules UpdateThe Tennis Rules have been updated! Key notes… Reservations can be extended to 2 hours if there are at least 2 members from 2 different households in the playing group. Court reservation is forfeited if members of the playing group do not show up after 15 min. of the reservation … Continued
Plan your next event at Fairbrae!
Members are welcome to schedule pool parties, clubhouse rental and outdoor parties with or without pool use. Large clubhouse, kitchen and BBQ’s are available for use. Fees are dependent upon use of pool and length of time. Please contact the manager for additional information. Also, see the following links:
October 2008: Volume 15, Issue 10
September 2008: Volume 15, Issue 9
August 2008: Volume 15, Issue 8
July 2008: Volume 15, Issue 7
June 2008: Volume 15, Issue 6
May 2008: Volume 15, Issue 5
March 2008: Volume 15, Issue 3
February 2008: Volume 15, Issue 2
January 2008: Volume 15, Issue 1
All newsletters are in PDF format.
Mac users can use the built-in Preview application.
Windows users may need to download the free Acrobat Reader.