Updated: December 17, 2020 (Version 5), effective immediately
The following guidelines have been created by the Fairbrae Board of Directors and Racquet Committee to help ensure the safety of all members. We have taken some guidelines as suggested by the USTA, Playing Tennis Safely: Facility and Programming Recommendations and Playing Tennis Safely as well as direction from the Order of the Health Officer of the County of Santa Clara.
Do not play if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported—ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Starting December 7, 2020: Have traveled over 150 miles to re-enter the county. Santa Clara County has issued a Mandatory Directive on Travel, which strongly discourages leisure and non-essential travel, and requires persons entering the county to quarantine for 14 days upon return from travel of more than 150 miles. Please make note of the new directive, and plan your visits to Fairbrae accordingly.
- Comply with any general and COVID-19 Fairbrae safety club rules upon entry and exit of club.
- Please follow standard Fairbrae Tennis Rules as well as these guidelines.
- Court reservations must be made to play on Fairbrae courts. Use SuperSaas to reserve courts and only come during your reservation time and abide by the already established Fairbrae Tennis Rules. No walk-ons. (https://www.supersaas.com/schedule/fairbrae/tennis_courts)
- Tennis playing children must be supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Starting December 14, 2020: Wear a mask while playing even in heavy exertion as tolerated
- Starting December 14, 2020: Tennis play is available with up to 4 Fairbrae member households (no guests).
- Use of shared equipment is prohibited
- Minimize switching sides. If you must switch sides, use opposite ends of the net
- Use hand sanitizer when switching sides
- Face masks are highly encouraged
- No using a “bucket” of balls unless you can contain the balls to your own court or if the other court is empty.
- Starting September 14, 2020: Fairbrae ball machine use is not allowed at this time. However, you may use your own ball machine.
- If the other court is also being used, try to limit the number of balls to 4 max per court and verify with the other court players that the ball numbers or marks are different for each court. Or consider marking your own tennis balls with a permanent marker. If your ball(s) roll over to the other court, retrieve the ball yourself or have the players of that court bump the ball back with their shoe or racket.
- Do not touch or lean on tennis nets or posts.
- Tennis court gate (gate closest to the water fountain) will be set to an open position. Leave this gate open at all times to minimize touching of the handle. DO NOT USE SIDE GATE (gate along Hollenbeck). This gate is to remain closed always.
- Starting December 7, 2020:
- No Guests
- Youth tennis lessons – no change (4 kids max-cohort, social distancing, mask is optional but encouraged, no touching of shared equipment, sanitize hands often, no guests). Instructor to ensure safety rules are followed. https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-youth-sports–en.pdf
- Adult tennis lessons – OK if taking lessons with the same cohort/group as in the past few weeks. Otherwise, take private lessons only. Mask strongly encouraged during play. Instructor to ensure safety rules are followed.
- Men’s Wednesday and Ladies Sunday tennis are cancelled until further notice.
- Please promptly leave the club through the front door when you are done with your tennis activity.
- Please comply so we can continue to keep the tennis facilities open.
- If you have any concerns or issues, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org