Updated: June 16, 2021 (Version 10), effective immediately
The following guidelines have been created by the Fairbrae Board of Directors and Racquet Committee to help ensure the safety of all members. We have taken some guidelines as suggested by the USTA, Playing Tennis Safely: Facility and Programming Recommendations and Playing Tennis Safely as well as direction from the Order of the Health Officer of the County of Santa Clara.
Do not play if you:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported—ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Starting February 26, 2021: Tennis guests are allowed. Please have your tennis guests follow ALL Fairbrae general rules and safety rules. They must be escorted by a member at all times. Prior to entering the club, please have your guest(s) fill out the Online Guest Registration Form. Members must name their guests in the tennis reservation.
- Starting February 26, 2021: Men’s Night and Ladies Afternoon Tennis events can resume for members. Please sign up via Tennis Events.
- Comply with any general and COVID-19 Fairbrae safety club rules upon entry and exit of club.
- Please follow standard Fairbrae Tennis Rules as well as these guidelines.
- Court reservations must be made to play on Fairbrae courts. Use SuperSaas to reserve courts and only come during your reservation time and abide by the already established Fairbrae Tennis Rules. No walk-ons. (https://www.supersaas.com/schedule/fairbrae/tennis_courts)
- Tennis playing children must be supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Starting June 15, 2021: Those who are vaccinated no longer need to wear a mask.
- Starting March 11, 2021: Ball machine use is allowed. Contact office for use of machine. Instructions and sanitization procedures are in the shed.
- Do not touch or lean on tennis nets or posts.
- DO NOT USE SIDE GATE (gate along Hollenbeck). This gate is to remain closed always.
- If you have any concerns or issues, please send to email@example.com